Pulaski Tunnel & Camp Artifacts - Begin the exhibit by tapping on the "Start Exhibit" hypertext at the top of this page.
Pulaski Artifacts

Previous Next Pulaski Artifacts Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 34/37
Copyright Wallace District Mining Museum
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Pulaski Collection
Date 1892s+
Description Watch, Pocket - This watch case is embossed with the letters: "American Waltham Watch Co./Patented Aug. 4, 1885,, June 30, 1892/Patented Aug. 27, 1885". This case provides some of the best documentation for the general period when the site was occupied. However, dates such as these must be viewed not as exact representations, but of general periods that occupation may have occurred. No single artifact or small group of artifacts should be used to argue specific periods of occupation. However, if all of the dates from artifacts cluster right together within a short time span that is fairly convincing evidence that the site dates to that time period and was abandoned quickly. Similarly, if the dates range over a large time period it is likely that the site was also occupied for a long stretch of time.
Object ID L2009.09.018
Object Name Watch, Pocket
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ For access to this image, contact the Museum. When using this image, the credit line should be in the following format: Image courtesy of the Wallace District Mining Museum and the US Forest Service.

Contact us at 208-556-1592 or email us at info@wallaceminingmuseum.org    info@wallaceminingmuseum.org
Last modified on: August 16, 2010